Can I Continue Therapy?
Due to the recent events regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have suspended all in-center therapy sessions until such time as state mandated restrictions are lifted for social distancing. We remain committed to the safety of our families and staff, which still providing essential therapy services.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering TeleHealth for occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech/language therapy. Many of our students have already started their TeleHealth services, and they have been wonderful!
What is TeleHealth?
TeleHealth is a method for receiving therapy remotely. Through the use of a HIPAA compliant platform, webcam and microphone on your computer, tablet, or smart phone, and high-speed internet, you will connect with your therapist online. During therapy sessions, the children and therapist can see, hear, and interact with one another in a real time online learning environment. Therapists are held to the same standards of care through a TeleHealth visit as an in-person visit. Research shows that TeleHealth therapy helps children make progress on their goals at the same rate as services delivered in-person.
In order to make the TeleHealth session safe and effective for children, please bear in mind a few additional requirements:
- All TeleHealth sessions will require the presence and participation of an adult or guardian alongside the child.
- Therapists will provide specific instructions for activities to be performed and parental assistance is required to ensure the child can perform the activity safely.
Do Health Plans Cover TeleHealth Services?
Most insurances now cover TeleHealth due to a California government issued mandate. To find out if your plan covers TeleHealth services, please feel free to contact your health plan. Centra Pediatric Therapy is also reviewing all payer contracts to ensure that services we provide will be covered. Self-pay packages are also available.
What are the Benefits of TeleHealth?
As a parent, you may be wondering how to keep your child’s development on track during California's Stay at Home order," through school closures and other COVID-19 precautions. Rather than a period of interruption, this unique time can be enriching for both you and your child through the use of TeleHealth therapy services. Telehealth is a way for your child to receive personalized, one-on-one therapy via a secure video call.
- TeleHealth ensures your child maintains continuity of care that is critical for many of our families in order to maintain and progress adequately with the skills that the child has learned.
- By working with a child in their own natural environment, TeleHealth provides the therapist with valuable information regarding concerns not seen at the clinic setting.
- Parents are also given the opportunity to participate and learn from the treatment sessions, giving them the tools needed to address issues that impact their child, as well as allows the therapist tailor treatment for at-home success.
Please contact us via email at email@example.com for more information regarding TeleHealth services.