Centra Pediatric Therapy Limited Re-Opening & Enhanced Safety Measures
We are excited to announce that we are now re-open for limited in-person sessions with new safety measures in place. At Centra Pediatric Therapy, the health and safety of our families and staff is the top priority. If your family is not yet comfortable with coming into the clinic, we will continue to offer TeleHealth as well during these ever changing circumstances. Enhanced health and safety measures are being taken with new guidelines to provide all of our families with a safe and therapeutic experience.
- We are minimizing the number of people in the clinic
- Waiting rooms are closed. Parents are asked to wait in your car, unless asked to join the session by your therapist. Your therapist will bring your child to your car after the session.
- Only a certain number of therapists will be treating each day
- Everyone must complete a Health Screening Form and have their temperatures taken before entering the treatment space.
- Must not exhibit any signs of any contagious illness
- Must be symptom free of any illness for 24 hours without medication
- Must not have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Therapists will wear a mask and gloves, with the only exception being for feeding or to demonstrate oral motor skills/speech sounds. In this case, they will use a face shield.
- If a child has a face covering and tolerates it, please have them wear it to the session. Children under the age of 2 and those who are unable to take off the mask independently should not wear a mask. If your child does not tolerate wearing mask, it is okay. They will still be seen and we will take extra precautions.
- If a parent is asked to join a session, they will be asked to wear a mask as well.
- Everyone who enters must wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting.
- Hand sanitizer and Tissues are readily available throughout the clinic in various locations.
- There will be no shared treatment space
- Therapist will disinfect items after each session
- Our staff is disinfecting frequently touched surfaces / toys during and in between treatment sessions. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, pens, handles, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Our clinic is already professionally cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis. An increased priority will be made to disinfect all surfaces in the clinic.
- Each treatment space has now been equipped with a UV HEPA Air Filter as well.
I don't feel comfortable returning to the clinic yet. What are my options to continue therapy?
We will be continuing to offer TeleHealth for occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech/language therapy. Many of our students have been enjoying and progressing with TeleHealth services, and they have been wonderful!
What is TeleHealth?
TeleHealth is a method for receiving therapy remotely. Through the use of a HIPAA compliant platform, webcam and microphone on your computer, tablet, or smart phone, and high-speed internet, you will connect with your therapist online. During therapy sessions, the children and therapist can see, hear, and interact with one another in a real time online learning environment. Therapists are held to the same standards of care through a TeleHealth visit as an in-person visit. Research shows that TeleHealth therapy helps children make progress on their goals at the same rate as services delivered in-person.
In order to make the TeleHealth session safe and effective for children, please bear in mind a few additional requirements:
- All TeleHealth sessions will require the presence and participation of an adult or guardian alongside the child.
- Therapists will provide specific instructions for activities to be performed and parental assistance is required to ensure the child can perform the activity safely.
Do Health Plans Cover TeleHealth Services?
Most insurances now cover TeleHealth due to a California government issued mandate. To find out if your plan covers TeleHealth services, please feel free to contact your health plan. Centra Pediatric Therapy is also reviewing all payer contracts to ensure that services we provide will be covered. Self-pay packages are also available.
What are the Benefits of TeleHealth?
As a parent, you may be wondering how to keep your child’s development on track through school closures and other COVID-19 precautions. Rather than a period of interruption, this unique time can be enriching for both you and your child through the use of TeleHealth therapy services. Telehealth is a way for your child to receive personalized, one-on-one therapy via a secure video call.
- TeleHealth ensures your child maintains continuity of care that is critical for many of our families in order to maintain and progress adequately with the skills that the child has learned.
- By working with a child in their own natural environment, TeleHealth provides the therapist with valuable information regarding concerns not seen at the clinic setting.
- Parents are also given the opportunity to participate and learn from the treatment sessions, giving them the tools needed to address issues that impact their child, as well as allows the therapist tailor treatment for at-home success.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding in-person or TeleHealth services.